Medical Social Workers will assist the family members and the client in securing continuity of care after hospital discharge:
- Rehabilitation Guidance and Support
- Hospital Discharge Arrangements in Behalf of Client
- Coordinate Follow-up Treatments or Doctor Visits
- Facility-Based Care Placement
- Private Counseling Services for the Patient
- Facilitating Advance Directives (Living Will or Power of Attorney)
- Supportive Case Work
- Community Resource Coordination
- Bereavement Support and Grief Counseling
- Psychosocial Evaluation
- Planning Alternative Living or Supported Living
- Arranging Medical Equipment Rentals
- Assistance with Financial Aid Applications
Medical Social Services will be provided to clients in their homes or their preferred living environment. We will adjust the inclusions of services based on your care plan – which will be developed by our care coordinator and reviewed by your physician.
To request for a home health needs assessment, please call Soteria Home Health Agency, Inc. at 310-672-6200 .